TOP 7 TIPS FOR CHRISTMAS MINIS
Christmas Mini season is coming up fast! Every year I serve around 100 families through seasonal minis. Through the years I have gathered a list of important things to plan for successful family photos. I wanted to share a few to help make your seasonal mini-session fun and easy.
Here is a list of my top 5 tips for what to wear to your Christmas Minis.
1. Select 2-3 colors/tones for your family’s clothing. First, find something that mom wants to wear and then pull everyone else’s outfits to match the tones mom is wearing.
2. The best colors for Christmas minis are white, red, green, cream, tan, grey, black, and denim. Traditional Christmas tones are always going to be timeless.
3. OUTDOOR- wear your Christmas best (dresses, sweaters, and collared shirts). INDOOR – Christmas best or Christmas pajamas!
4. Set out your outfits the day before to make sure everyone matched well. This is the perfect time to add accessories (hats, scarfs, baby announcement items), shoes, and jewelry. Everything will be in one place when it comes time for everyone to get dressed.
5. DON’T STRESS. If mom is stressed on the day of the shoot, no one will enjoy the process or want to participate in future photos. Your kids (and husbands) will feed off your energy. I always want family photos to be a fun and easy experience. Upon your arrival, I will tell your family exactly what to do and create a comfortable and positive environment for our photos.
6. Be patient with your family and explain to little kids what to expect. Share with them that “McKayla will be taking our photos today. We are going to smile at her camera and if you smile good we will play some games too!” You can even show your child a picture of me to help them feel comfortable with me upon your arrival.
7. Rewards! Bring fruit chews or mini marshmallows as a reward throughout the session. You can also promise everyone ice cream, go to their favorite restaurant, or play at the park if they do well!
I could keep adding tips but here are my top 7!
Below are a few photos of my past clients as examples!
BOOK YOUR MINI SESSION WITH ME: https://mckaylabee.com/links
Be the first to comment